For thousands of years we have used food and herbs as medicine and still are in some traditional cultures today. To improve your health learn how food and herbs can aid in healing and maintaining great health!
All food has at least two flavors and there are five different tastes. The five flavors are:
SALTY food and herbs Thermal Energetic is cooling to the body’s systems.
Foods which are SALTY in taste support the kidney and urinary bladder
SALTY flavor assist the kidneys, urinary bladder, liver and gallbladder.
Salt has been around for over 250 million years, and humans have been using salt as far back as 6050 BC. Salts are helpful for all biological activities and have the most “grounding” descending activity of any substance used as food.
- Salt strengthens digestion and increases the flow of hydrochloric acid
- Salt enables us to focus more clearly on the material world
- Excess salt is said to lead to greed
Food and herbs which are SALTY in taste:
- Regulates water metabolism
- Regulates blood pressure
- Promotes blood sugar health
- Helps to reduce signs of aging because it keeps us toned
- Promotes healthy pH balance in your cells, particularly the brain
- Supports respiratory health
- Promotes sinus health
- Prevents muscle cramp
- Promotes bone health
- Regulates sleep, promotes natural sleep
- Supports sex hormones
- Promotes vascular health
- Assists in absorption of food particles through your intestinal tract
According to the Five Element and Traditional Chinese Medicine
|Organ||Kidneys and Urinary Bladder|
|Season||Winter the Kidney will be their strongest or weakest|
|Virtue||Wisdom and Will|
|Emotions|| Kidneys and Urinary bladder in harmony enjoys life, is calm and grounded. |
Kidneys and Urinary bladder imbalanced is fearful, anxious, scattered and has a hard time staying focused.
Salt…is a grounding crystal that takes us down into the body/mind where well-centered concentration of matter attracts a clear perception of its opposite: Spirit (non- matter)
– Jacques De langre, in Sea salt & Your Life
Purchase complex salts such as Himalayan crystal salt. Commercial table salt consists of only sodium chloride 97.5% and 2.5% chemicals such as moisture absorbents and iodine. Dried at over 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit, the excessive heat alters the natural chemical structure of the salt.
Eating common table salt (sodium chloride) can cause unsightly cellulite, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, and kidney and gallbladder stones.
SALTY FLAVOR FOOD AND HERBS
|Celtic sea salt||Sea vegetables: kelp, Dulse, Kombu, Wakame, Agar, Hijiki||Tamari sauce|
|Himalayan Crystal Salt||Soy Sauce||Umeboshi Plum|