Health Care Books
Sources & References
Acquiring knowledge through natural health care books is the best way to understand how the body systems work. The books I have
listed I have read or looked into or that my colleagues have read and recommended. Along with great support through whole food, nutrition, exercise and balancing
stress, almost anyone can be well!
Reference and recipe books are forever. I still refer to mine when I have questions or when I am in a rut, or having company for a meal. Having a small library of really good reference books is a great way to learn how easy it is to take care of our overall health needs. Mental health is a big topic right now and the better we understand our mind and emotions the better our ability to find the proper care for what ails us.
Great References on Natural, Holistic Wellness
Health Care Books
Overall Health Health Care Books
- Health Healing A Guide to Self Healing for Everyone. By Linda Rector Page, N.D. Ph.D.
- Staying Health with Nutrition. By Elson M. Haas, M.D.
- The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine. By Michael T. Murray, N.D. and Joseph Pizzorno, N.D,
- Nourishing Fats: Why We Need Animal Fats for Health and Happiness. By Sally Fallon Morell
- Primal Body Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and Longer Life. By Nora T. gedgaudas, CNS, CNT
- Your Body's Many Cries for Water. By F. Batmanghelidj, M.D.
- Total Wellness: Improve Your Health by Understanding the Body's Healing Systems By Joseph Pizzorno, N.D.
- The Pantry Principal By Mira Dessy, CNE
Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Between Heaven and Earth: A Guide to Chinese Medicine By Harriet Beinfeild, L,Ac. and Efrem Korngold, LAc. O.M.D
- The Web That Has No Weaver By Ted J. Kaptchuk, O.M.D.
- The Face Never Lies By Michio Kushi
Herbal Remedies & Essential Oils
- The Way of Herbs By Michael Tierra, L.Ac, O.M.D.
- Planetary Herbology, By Michael Tierra, L.Ac, O.M.D.
- The Herb of Life: Health and Healing Using Western & Chinese Techniques By Leslie Tierra, L.Ac., Herbalist
- Bartram's Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine By Thomas Bartram - Founder of the National Institute of Herbalism
- The Book of Herbal Wisdom By Matthew Wood
- How to Be Your Own Herbal Pharmacist By Linda Recto Page, N.D., PhD
- Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health By Rosemary Gladstar
- Herbal Healing for Woman By Rosemary Gladstar
- The Complete Book of Essential Oils By Valerie Ann Worwood
Natural Animal Health Care B00ks
- Gut Psychology Syndrome By Natasha Campbell-McBride, M.D.
- Body Ecology Diet: Recovering Your Health and Rebuilding Your ImmunityBy Donna Gates and Linda Schatz
- Digestive WellnessBy Elizabeth lipski, Ph.D.,CNN, CHN
- Traditionally Fermented Foods By Shannon Stronger
- Fermented: A Four Season Approach to Paleo Probiotic Foods By Jill Ciciarelli and Diane Sanfilippo, BS, NC
- Cultured Food for Health: A Guide to Healing Your Yourself with Probiotic Foods By Donna Schwenk
- The Art of Fermentation By Sandor Elix Katz
- Why Isn't My Brain Working?By Dr. Datis Kharrazian
- A Symphony in the Brain By Jim Robbins
- Scattered Minds By Gabor Mate M.D.
- The Body Keeps the Score By Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- Primal Body Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and Longer Life By Nora T. Gedgaudas, CNS, CNT
Recipe Book for Overall Health
- Nourishing Broth By Sally Fallon Morell and Kaayla T. Daniel
- Moosewood Cookbook By Mollie Katzen
- Nourishing Traditions. By Mary G. Enig and Sally Fallon
- Whitewater Cooks By Shelly Adams
- The Heal Your Gut Cookbook By Hilary Boynton and Mary Brackette
- The Oh She glows Cookbook By Angela Liddon
- Sweetly Raw Desserts By Heather Pace
- The Zero- Mile Diet Cookbook By Carolyn Herriot
- The Complete Guide to Making Cheese Butter and Yogurt By Rick Helweg
Detoxification - Full Body
- The Master Cleanser By Stanely Burroughts
- The Detox Miracle Source Book by Robert S. Morse N.D.
- 7-Day Detox Miracle By Peter Bennett, N.D. and Stephen Barrie, N.D. and Sara Faye
- The Juicing Bible By Pat Crocker
- Dr. Jensen's Guide to Better Bowel Care By Dr. Bernard Jensen
- Renew Your Life By Brenda Watson N.D., C.T.
- The Detox Strategy By Brenda Watson, C.N.C.
- The Wheat grass Book By Ann Wigmore
Self Care Modalities
Organic gardening and farming is what a lot of people are moving towards or going back to. People have been living and eating with the seasons for as long as we have been on this earth; it was once the only way we could live. Going back to the basics is simple and there are many wonderful books that can teach us how to go back to the land and nature.
- The Zero-Mile Diet A Year Round Guide to Growing Organic Food By Carolyn Herriot
- Backyard Organic Box By Ellen Warren
- Urban Organic Gardening A Beginners Guide By Nathaniel Wake
Natural Home and Health Recipes
- Natural Cleaning Recipes By Becki Andrus
- The Herbal Handbook for Home and Health By Pip Waller
Health Care Books
I was in awe at how effectively
natural health helped me get back to my healthy self. It was what led me to study different
modalities for health. The better I knew myself. the easier it became to assist
my body and mind into a place of ease and flow. Without this
knowledge how would I know my liver was stagnate for example, and causing me to feel so tired, sluggish and irritable? I am grateful for acupuncture,
bodywork therapies and Neurofeedback, which were the modalities that helped me.
I also take the time to exercise and stretch on a regular basis. When I don't, I
can tell the difference! Yoga and Pilates are two of my favorites for core work, deep
stretching and strengthening. I still receive massage and when I am feeling too
much stress in my life I will receive a few sessions of Neurofeedback.
Life is change, and I had to learn to go with the changes and use the tools I
have acquired or go to the practitioners I know who can help me when I am in
Health Care Books For A Better Life
Return to Top of health care books