One hour session $60
About Craniosacral Therapy or CST - Developed originally by William
Sutherland and further developed by Dr. John Upledger. Craniosacral therapy is a
subtle, hands-on approach of assessing and enhancing a
physiological system called the Craniosacral system.The Craniosacral system is made up of the
membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and
spinal cord. The system includes the bones of the skull, face, and mouth,
which make up the cranium, or head, all the way down to the sacrum and coccyx,
The Craniosacral system has
its own rhythm. The rhythm can be found in the same way as the
rhythms of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems. But unlike those body
systems, both assessment and improvement of the Craniosacral system can be
accomplished through palpation.
- The Craniosacral system has a rhythm of 6 - 12 cycles per minute
- The heartbeat beats at 70 - 80
beats per minute
- The respiratory system breathes at 14- 18 breathes per
The Craniosacral rhythm is much
slower than the breath or heartbeat, but no less powerful. A practitioner is able to “listen” with their
hands to the cranial rhythmic impulse, which runs throughout the body. What should you expect?
- Craniosacral is done supine (on your back) on a
table. Client wears loose clothing.
- Session is done on a massage table with a BioMat
- I will check into your Craniosacral
rhythm and make an assessment.
- You will spend 60 minutes becoming completely
therapy, I will lightly touch the skull
and spine, often cradling the head or sacrum; listening to the rhythms
the Craniosacral system, with 5 grams of pressure or less I manipulate
the bones of the skull in order to remove restrictions in the
flow of cerebrospinal fluid.
About Craniosacral Therapy or CST
For decades, various forms of Craniosacral Therapy have been used to
improve overall body functioning
often should you receive?
- Craniosacral Therapy is most effective when you have regular sessions, especially while first addressing long-term imbalances. I suggest once to twice a week for one month, followed by a reassessment. When the body is balanced, once to twice a month or
as needed for maintenance.
- As needed for relaxation or moving stagnation.
therapy is known to help:
- Relieve stress
- Decrease pain
- Migraine headaches
- Tight upper neck and shoulders
- Lower back pain
- A range of other symptoms
- Enhance the body’s overall well- being
Carola's experience with using and giving sessions on the BioMat:
- Deeply relaxing and regenerating.
- Allows the thoughts to quiet as tension is released throughout the body.
- Helps release tight muscles
- Gently cleansing when followed up with 5 cups of energized living water.
Is known to assist in
- Relieving minor muscle pain
- Increasing circulation
- Reducing stress and fatigue
- Supporting the immune and nervous systems
- Deep relaxation
16 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Far-Infrared Rays By Helen Nichols
Craniosacral and Foot Reflexology Combination- 1 hr. 15 min - $75
Craniosacral can be done as part of Integrative Massage
Return to Top of about craniosacral therapy or cst